(Photo credits: Adobe Stock -)
August 4 (Reuters) – Stocks to watch on Thursday on the Paris Stock Exchange and in Europe:
* CREDIT AGRICOLE CAGR.PA reported better-than-expected second-quarter results on Thursday thanks to a record level of investment banking activity as market volatility led to strong demand for hedging instruments. The appointment of two new Deputy General Managers in addition to Xavier Musca was also announced on Wednesday.
➦ Crédit Agricole SA appoints two new Deputy General Managers
➦ Crédit Agricole SA exceeds expectations in the second quarter, record activity at CIB
* SES SESFd.PA is in talks to merge with US competitor Intelsat, the Financial Times reported on Thursday. The Luxembourg-based satellite company also posted a half-year gross operating surplus on Thursday above the consensus compiled by Vara Research.
➦ Satellite operators SES and Intelsat discuss merger – FT
* ADIDAS ADSGn.DE reported a 28% drop in second-quarter operating profit, affected by the suspension of operations in Russia, rising supply chain costs and health restrictions in China and the US. Vietnam .
* BAYER BAYGn.DE raised its full-year earnings forecast on Thursday on strong demand for its agricultural crop seeds and chemicals and higher sales of health care products.
* LUFTHANSA LHAG.DE recorded an operating result (Ebit) of 393 million euros in the April-June period thanks to its air cargo activity, but the German company announced that it would only offer approximately 80% of capacity in the third quarter. passenger transport compared to pre-pandemic, which is lower than expected.
* ZALANDO ZALG.DE reported a 58% drop in second-quarter adjusted operating income on Thursday, but said it expected better profitability in the second half of 2022. The online fashion group took 1.7% down ahead of the market according to broker Lang & Schwarz. .
* ING INGA.AS – The largest Dutch bank reported better-than-expected second-quarter profit before tax on Thursday.
* BANCO BPM BAMI.MI – Italy’s third-largest bank, whose largest shareholder is Credit Agricole, reported a second-quarter net profit of 206 million euros on Wednesday, above the consensus of analysts polled by Reuters, which was at 180 million euros.
* BEIERDORF BEIG.DE posted organic revenue growth of 10.5% in the first half and confirmed its guidance for the year.
* GLENCORE GLEN.L declared $4.5 billion in cash distributions to shareholders on Thursday, including through a $3 billion share buyback program, after announcing a record half-year profit.
* TELECOM ITALIA TLIT.MI expects a less pronounced than expected fall in its operating profit in 2022 thanks to the encouraging results of the second quarter, helped by the reduction of costs and the contribution of its Brazilian subsidiary. L6N2ZF0DY
* MERCK KGAA MRCG.DE saw adjusted profit rise 13.1% in the second quarter, driven by revenue from its semiconductor manufacturing chemicals and laboratory equipment business.
* LANXESS LXSG.DE – The German chemical company reported a higher-than-expected gross operating surplus for the second quarter on Thursday, thanks to higher prices for its products.
* ADECCO ADEN.S announced a 13% increase in its quarterly turnover.
* BELIEVE BLV.PA reported first half Adjusted EBITDA of up to €11.7 million and the group expects organic revenue growth of around 29% in 2022, compared to 20% announced in May.
(Written by Laetitia Volga, edited by Nicolas Delame)
#Bourse #les #valeurs #suivre #Paris #Europe