game news Dungeons & Dragons: next generation D&D, new adventure… All the news from Wizards Presents!
Four months after last April’s D&D Direct, publisher Wizards of the Coast is once again discussing the legendary board game at its Wizards Presents event. Next generation of D&D, new adventure… We summarize what was said.
- One D&D: the next generation of Dungeons & Dragons already in the testing phase
- A very popular adventure is back!
One D&D: the next generation of Dungeons & Dragons already in the testing phase
Today was the wizard gifts, an event organized by the publisher Wizards of the Coast. The latter, known for his work in the card game Magic and the Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) tabletop games reported numerous announcements around their flagship products. If this article refers to the information revealed today around D&D, another article dedicated to Magic is also available for those interested more in the card game than in the RPG “paper“.
If we had to hold back one thing from wizard gifts re Dungeons and Dragons, this is the announcement of the beginning of the testing phases for the next generation of D&D. Responding to the code name a d&dwill benefit from “updated and backward compatible rules from fifth edition“. On this topic, it will also be usable in “dnd beyond : a website that gives access to many digital tools to transpose your adventures Dungeons and Dragons digitally. Also, it is in DnD Beyond that it will be possible “participate in the public tests of One D&D“.
Something to prepare for the release of D&D 6E, the sixth edition of Dungeons and Dragons. In September 2021, wizards of the coast announced the release of the sixth generation for 2024: enough to coincide with the tenth anniversary of the fifth edition, but also with the 50th anniversary of the game.
A very popular adventure is back!
Also, this wizard gifts it was also an opportunity for the publisher to return to an adventure that they had previously featured with Dragonlance: Shadow of the Dragon Queen. It takes place on the world of Krynn in the context of the War of the Lance. DragonLance was specially developed and written in 1984, for the advanced version modules of Dungeons and Dragons. In the program of this new adventure, the new race of Kender, different rules regarding magic and Dragons. As mentioned in April, this adventure can be played with the new board game designed by Rob Daviau (Risk Legacy) and Stephen Baker (HeroQuest, Battle Masters): Dragonlance: Warriors of Krynn.
During this presentation, wizards of the coast clarified the different release dates for this adventure. Shadow of the Dragon Queen will be available everywhere with a standard skin, while an alternate skin will be available only at game stores on from December 6, 2022. The Deluxe Edition of Shadow of the Dragon Queen, containing the adventure, the board game, and an exclusive Dungeon Master screen, will be available on February 28, 2023. On this subject, WotC also presented an offer for fans of D&D Beyond: they will be able to have early access to the adventure on the site from next November 22thanks to pre-orders now available.
Five other products, in English, to be launched in 2023
- First quarter 2023 – Keys to the Golden Vault – Ocean’s Eleven meets D&D in this short adventure book themed on the heist of the century.
- Second quarter 2023 – Bigby Presents: Glory of the Giants – A companion of the Fizban Dragon Hoard last year, focused on the giants.
- Third quarter 2023 – The Book of Many Things: A collection of creatures, locations, and other items related to the mysterious Wonder Cards.
- Third quarter 2023 – Phandelver’s campaign – Will transform the classic Phandelver Lost Mine in an entire campaign tinged with cosmic horror.
- Fourth quarter 2023 – Planescape – The legendary setting of the campaign returns! What Spelljammer: Space AdventureIts fans will be able to explore Sigil, the City of Doors, thanks to a guide, a bestiary and an adventure united in a single product.
#Donjons #Dragons #prochaine #génération #nouvelle #aventure.. #Toutes #les #infos #Wizards #Presents