These are ingenious methods to deceive us! These malicious apps, once installed, turn into “Settings” app to hide themselves on your Android device. Impossible to identify them, because the new parameter icon redirects to the smartphone settings.
Even if Google has developed various tools to get rid of malware on the Play Store, the risk of being cheated is never zero. Especially since malicious apps use very malicious methods, as you will see.
A new batch of 35 malicious Android apps have been found on the Google Play Store, some of these apps have been installed over 2 million times. The apps were found by Bitdefender security researchers, who used a real-time behavioral analysis method to discover potentially malicious apps.
An intelligent and effective tactic.
As Bitdefender explains in its article, applications implement various methods to hide themselves. Thanks to Google’s legal APIs, these developers have found a way to completely fool users.
How ? it’s smart Once installed, apps take on the look and feel of Motorola, Oppo, or Samsung system apps. They change their name and even their icon. This allows it to merge with the target Android device. If we click on the new application settings, we are well redirected to the general parameters. We can say that this Android malware lives up to its name… it is really a malicious behavior that has been described by Bitdefender.
Additionally, these malicious apps also feature code encryption to thwart the efforts of Google and other security apps by hiding the core Java code in two encrypted DEX files. That’s not all, they also manage to self-exclude themselves from the “Recent Apps” list. So even if they are running in the background, the list of active processes will not reveal them.
At first glance, this malware will not steal your data, but it delivers ads without your knowledge. some are called intrusive adsabusing WebView, generating fraudulent ad impressions and revenue for their customers.
Here is the list of apps, some of which are still available on the Play Store:
- Walls of Light – Livewalls Pack (gb.packlivewalls.fournatewren)
- Big Emoji – Keyboard 5.0 (gb.blindthirty.funkeyfour)
- Great Wallpapers: 3D Backgrounds 2.0 (gb.convenientsoftfiftyreal.threeborder)
- Engine Wallpapers (gb.electronsoftforty.comlivefour)
- Stock Wallpapers (gb.fiftysubstantiated.wallsfour)
- EffectMania – Photo Editor 2.0 (gb.actualfifty.sevenelegantvideo)
- Art Filter: Deep Photo Effect 2.0 (gb.crediblefifty.editconvincingeight)
- Fast Emoji Keyboard APK (de.eightylamocenko.editioneights)
- Create sticker for Whatsapp 2.0 (gb.convincingmomentumeightyverified.realgamequicksix)
- Math Solver – Camera Helper 2.0 (gb.labcamerahirty.mathcamera)
- Photopix Effects – Art Filter 2.0 (gb.mega.sixtyeffectcameravideo)
- LED Theme – Colorful Keyboard 2.0 (gb.theme.twentythreetheme)
- Animated Sticker Master 1.0 (am.asm.master)
- Sleep Sounds 1.0 (com.voice.sleep.sounds)
- Personality Loading Show 1.0 (com.charging.show)
- Image warping camera
- GPS Location Finder (smart.ggps.lockakt)
We encourage you to read and apply these essential safety rules. The risk is never zero, but these basic rules will save you from the vast majority of hacks and other scams.
To follow us, we invite you to download our application for Android and iOS. You can read our articles, archives and watch our latest YouTube videos.
#Pourquoi #faut #particulièrement #méfier #malware #Android