The marshmallow bears are the subject of a product recall. It is sold in various department stores., these food products present risks. Read all about it in this article.
Why recall a product?
Product recalls are intended to inform and protect consumers. They can relate to all kinds of products. Meat with cheese, cookies with milk.
When the authorities withdraw a product, it is because it represents a risk to consumers. There are several reasons why a product may be recalled. For example, may contain bacteria such as listeria or salmonella. There may also be a labeling issue.
In some cases, Products may contain allergens., but this is not indicated on the packaging. Therefore, they are withdrawn from the market to prevent people with allergies from consuming them.
Marshmallow Bear Box Recall
A product invented more than 50 years ago was recently recalled from the market. This is the real marshmallow bear. Manufactured by Cémoi, these chocolates have passed the years without losing their popularity.
They are always very popular with the French, whether they are children or adults. The reason these recalled marshmallows contain metallic foreign bodies. Its consumption can cause serious injury.
That is why the DGCCRF calls for caution. Here are some details about the reported products. The withdrawal concerns several boxes. 1 kg boxes of marshmallow bears. These marshmallow bears are from the Carrefour Classic brand and were on sale throughout France.
The withdrawn lots are:
- Lots with international item code GTIN 3560070521715 and a minimum effective date of May 31, 2023.
- Lots with the international article code GTIN 3560070521715 and whose expiration date is June 30, 2023.
These lots have just been withdrawn from sale. If you have any at home, please do not consume them. You can throw them away or return them to the store before October 7 for a refund.
Also note that Carrefour’s customer service is at your disposal for any additional information. This service is available from Monday to Saturday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Here is her Crystal number: 0 805 5000 85.
Other recalled marshmallow products
Various lots from Ourson to Authentic marshmallows are being recalled. They are 421g boxes, mega gourmet format. They have been put up for sale throughout France and are dangerous to consumers. The withdrawn lots are:
- Lot numbers starting with L22140, L22141, L22144, L22145 and L22146. Its international GTIN is 3173289206009. Its expiration date is May 31, 2023.
- Lots beginning with L22155 and L22165 have an international GTIN of 317328920600. Their minimum effective date is June 30, 2023.
For information, these products have been in circulation in France from June 1 to September 7, 2022. The authentic polar bear in marshmallow is also subject to a recall procedure.
Presented in a 180g sachet, the product was sold in various department stores. These stores include Carrefour, Amazon, Auchan, System U and Leclerc.
It should be noted that the recall concerns several batches.
- Lots starting with L22136, L22137 and L22143 with international GTIN item code 3173289215285. Your expiration date minimum is May 31, 2023.
- Lots whose numbers start with L22234 and L22235. They have a barcode of 3173289215285 and a best before date of August 31, 2023.
Recalled products also include Les Irrésistibles, black marshmallow, cocoa nibs. Sold in various regions of France, they have not been marketed since September 7, 2022.
The following batches are affected by the recall procedure:
- Lots whose numbers start with L22143 and L22144 and whose GTIN item code is 3173287715008.
- Lots whose numbers start with L22189 and L22192 and whose barcode is 3173287715008.
#Hazard #Alert #kidfavorite #marshmallow #treats #disposed